Before you head to the grocery store…
PLAN! Sit down and plan what you are going to cook for the week. What breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks are you going to have and what are the ingredients you need to buy. Failing to plan is planning to fail!
Don’t go to the grocery store hungry! This will make sticking with your original shopping list much easier. You will not be tempted to buy any junk food that is not on the menu.
Just because the food industry says that its “healthy” does not mean it actually is. You must read the ingredients! Some of the so called healthy products are loaded with sugar and other chemicals that you do not want to put into your body.
Buy local / organic. Whenever possible buy local organic produce. It’s better for the environment and it’s better for the local economy.
When shopping in the store, stay away from the middle aisles! All the packaged, processed foods are located in these aisles. If you want to make a real change in your health you must get rid of as much of these bad foods as possible. I promise, your body will thank you!
Start on a weekend when you have the time to get organized. Print out the Weekly Menu and Shopping List you can find below and pick out your favorite recipes.
No mystery ingredients, chemicals or artificial sweeteners. Just wholesome natural foods that will help you reach your health and fitness goals!
The Ultimate Clean Shopping List:
- Bamboo Shoots
- Bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- Bok choy
- Cabbage (white, red)
- Chinese Cabbage
- Mixed Greens
- Mustard Greens
- Swiss Chard
- Jerusalem Artichoke
- Berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, gooseberries etc.)
- Organic Apples
- Dragon Fruit
- Honeydew Mellon
- Lemons & Limes
Good Carbs (gluten-free)
- Brown rice
- Organic non-GMO Oats
- Sweet potatoes
- Pumpkins and squashes
- Yucca / Cassava
- Oils & fats for frying (high smoking point): Coconut, Avocado, Grapeseed, Ghee,
- Oils for salads: Hemp, Walnut & other cold pressed organic nut oils, organic EVOO
- Nuts & seeds: walnuts, almonds, cashews, pine nuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, help seeds
- Nut butters: Almond, Macadamia, Cashew etc. NO peanuts!
- Omega 3 fish oils
- Organic Eggs
- Grass-fed and grass-finished beef
- Organic free-run whole chicken
- Turkey, Duck, Pheasant
- Venison – deer, elk, moose or rendeer
- Wild caught salmon and other fish
- Wild caught shrimp, squid and octopus
- Protein powder: hemp, rice, pea, whey or egg. NO SOY!
- Coconut sugar
- Raw honey
- Maple syrup
- Brown Rice cakes / crackers
- Raisins, dried cranberries, mulberries and other organic dried fruit (no sulfites)
- Organic coffee
- Organic Green tea / Herbal teas
- Frozen berries and veggies
- Unsweetened Coconut, Almond or Rice milk
- Organic cocoa – specially for baking and other treats
- Himalayan Pink salt
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Red hot pepper flakes
- Dried basil
- Dried rosemary
- Dried oregano
- Ground ginger
- Bay leaf
- Himalayan Pink salt
- Organic Sea salt
- Herbs: oregano,rosemary, sage, thyme etc.
- Organic ketchup
- Homemade Chimichurri sauce
- Homemade Pesto
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Weekly Menu (print it out and fill in your meekly menu)